#44 – The VaxScene, a review of the COVID-19 vaccine landscape in the US with a focus on equitable distribution and vaccine hesitancy
Jacinda Abdul-Mutakabbir (@jayCdoesID) and Jeannette Bouchard (@jlbouchard001) join Erin McCreary (@ErinMcCreary) to discuss COVID vaccines, including access to, confidence in, and hesitancy around them. This episode was sponsored by an unrestricted educational grant from Janssen Therapeutics, Division of Janssen Products, LP
- Polack FP, Thomas SJ, Kitchin N, et al. Safety and Efficacy of the BNT162b2 mRNA Covid-19 Vaccine. N Engl J Med 2020;383:2603-2615.
- Baden LR, El Sahly HM, Essink B, et al. Efficacy and Safety of the mRNA-1273 SARS-CoV-2 Vaccine. N Engl J Med 2021;384:403-416.
- Sadoff J, Gray G, Vandebosch A, et al. Safety and Efficacy of Single-Dose Ad26.COV2.S Vaccine against Covid-19. N Engl J Med 2021
- Rosenblum HG, Hadler SC, Moulia D, et al. Use of COVID-19 Vaccines After Reports of Adverse Events Among Adult Recipients of Janssen (Johnson & Johnson) and mRNA COVID-19 Vaccines (Pfizer-BioNTech and Moderna): Update from the Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices — United States, July 2021. MMWR Morb Mortal Wkly Rep 2021;70:1094-1099. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.15585/mmwr.mm7032e4external icon.
- Rapaka RR, Hammershaimb EA, Neuzil KM. Are some COVID vaccines better than others? Interpreting and comparing estimates of efficacy in trials of COVID-19 vaccines [published online ahead of print, 2021 Mar 6]. Clin Infect Dis. 2021;ciab213. doi:10.1093/cid/ciab213
- ACIP Website: https://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/acip/index.html
- Marcelin JR, Swartz TH, Bernice F, et al. Addressing and Inspiring Vaccine Confidence in Black, Indigenous, and People of Color (BIPOC) during the COVID-19 Pandemic. [published online ahead of print, 2021 Aug 9]. Open Forum Infect Dis. 2021. Doi: 10.1093/ofid/ofab417
- Abdul-Mutakabbir JC, Casey S, Jews V, et al. A three-tiered approach to address barriers to COVID-19 vaccine delivery in the Black community. Lancet Glob Health. 2021 Jun;9(6):e749-e750. doi: 10.1016/S2214-109X(21)00099-1. Epub 2021 Mar 10.
Learn more about the Society of Infectious Diseases Pharmacists: https://sidp.org/About Twitter: @SIDPharm (https://twitter.com/SIDPharm) Instagram: @SIDPharm (https://www.instagram.com/sidpharm/) Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/sidprx LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/sidp/